Illini Fire Equipment was founded in 1957, by Walter and Dorothy Carlson. They owned and managed the business for over thirty years, when Harold and Janet Scharlau, their daughter and son-in-law, took over ownership and management of the business in 1990. After twenty five years, Harold and Janet retired, and their daughter, Amy Lewis began managing the business in 2015. Always a family oriented business, we pride ourselves on our strong community roots and values that guide us.
Illini Fire Equipment maintains its primary location in Urbana, Illinois. As the company has grown, we have expanded with two additional physical locations. In addition to Urbana, we also have facilities in Bloomington and Robinson, Illinois, giving us a broad service territory and customers expanded access to our services.